- When adding a site it is possible to use our public key instead of generating your own private key. To do so, select "Add our public key to your server".
- This should present a public RSA key for you to upload to your server. Copy this key.
- In your cPanel, find the "Security" section and select the "SSH/Shell Access" panel.
- Click "Manage SSH Keys"
- Then, you will need to import the key you copied in step 2.
- You will have the option to name the key. We suggest making it obvious so you know it belongs to CodeGuard. Something like "id_rsa_cg" should work.
- Once the key is added, we have to authorize it. Do this by clicking "Manage Authorization" for your newly imported key.
- Once you authorize the key, you should be able to add the site in CodeGuard with this key.
If your key is not working, you should start over and try it again. If you have anymore questions, feel free to contact CodeGuard Support.